Looking for Players for Mini-Campaign

Home Forums Online Gaming Game Recruitment Looking for Players for Mini-Campaign

This topic contains 94 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  SITZKRIEG! 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 95 total)
  • Author

Maesel
    Lieutenant

I may work on some backstory and post it soon.

Mephit James
    Admiral

Playing-by-Post

Playing in a forum like this is just like playing in another text medium except that you normally get all of your stuff in a bundle and send it together. You can use most basic HTML functions (see here if you’re unfamiliar) or limit yourself to the options in the menu above your post. The basic elements of a post in PbP look like this…

• Narrative Text: Write a little bit about what your character is doing. Write it in past tense, third person and try to make it dynamic and interesting.
    • Out-of-Character (OOC) Text: Write any other stuff that’s OOC (questions to the GM, explanations of how your narrative works mechanically, etc) in italics to separate it from the rest of your post.
    • Dice Rolling: There’s a dice roller in the sidebar to the right. Pick what you want and (for STA) click “Display All Rolls?” so that it gives you everything. Then copy-paste into your post and let me know how many successes you got!

SITZKRIEG!
    Lieutenant

Do you expect daily or more frequent posts? I’d guess that with a non-real time game method like this that the timing is critical to maintain the flow.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by  SITZKRIEG!.

This is what I will probably be using for rolls:

https://rolz.org/info?X38143615][img]https://rolz.org/embed?X38143615

Mephit James
    Admiral

SITZKRIEG: Responses every day or other day are fine by me. This tends to be a slower-paced venue so I’m not expecting lightning responses. As for rolls, I’m fine with the honor system!

gamer9401462571: That’s a really good website and I encourage you to keep it up! If roll validity becomes an issue here we might all switch to that.

SITZKRIEG!
    Lieutenant

Thanks for the link. It’s taken a few tries but hopefully I’ve gotten it to work.

SITZKRIEG!
    Lieutenant

So what rank is everyone on the bridge? Looking over the responses in the other thread, Gamer, it looks like your conn officer is a commander which seems a bit high of a rank for that position. It seems like commander should be reserved for the XO. The CMO is a commander as well but, at least in modern militaries, that’s a non-line officer rank and doesn’t hold sway outside of the medbay. Not sure if that applies here though. GM, any ideas on how the ranks should be divided up?

I’m a Lt. Cmdr since I’m asking others.

Maesel
    Lieutenant

I made mine Lt Cmdr, I figured for sure xo was going to be commander and then everyone else a step or two below that.

SITZKRIEG!
    Lieutenant

Same here. That’s why I was suprised to see two commanders in addition to the XO who will likely be the same.

JtEvans
    Lieutenant

I only put Dr. Lin as a commander because in TNG Beverly was ranked as a Commander, and I figured with Lin’s experience and time in Starflert, he’d be ranked similarly. If this isn’t okay I can change his rank.

Mephit James
    Admiral

So here’s the breakdown of ranks for the PCs.

• Captain: Hercules Henry (Michael Dismuke)
    • Commander: Maesel, Stephen Wright (gamer94014624571), Dr. Eliaz Norado Lin (JtEvans)
    • Lt Commander: Hardak Kronk (SITZKRIEG!), Ra-Doranis (Andrew Zimmerman Jones)

Kind of a high-ranking crew. I think a reason for this could be the diplomatic mission of the Bucephalus, it’s not your average ship. A Commaner-level flight control officer is maybe the hardest to accept but we actually don’t have jasemarden with us so if you’d like to move Stephen Wright into the XO position, gamer94014624571, that’s doable. Up for a little retconning?

SITZKRIEG!
    Lieutenant

If our XO player is AWOL, that seems like the best compromise. It wouldn’t require any change really on the character sheet as he’s already got both Conn and Command at 4 and you can just reason that he worked his way up from being a conn officer. If the scene requires an ace pilot, he can choose to kick the conn NPC ensign out of the way and take over as needed using a minor action just like Janeway boots Ensign Kim out of the way anytime something needs more science than he can handle. Gamer actually initially wanted to be XO so if that’s still the case then it sounds like the best solution.

Honestly, I could do both. With Conn, Command and Security all at 4, Stephen is quite the badass officer.

Maesel’s character sheet says Lt. Cmdr, doesn’t it?

Sitzkrieg, given the world you mentioned in one of your posts, am I correct in assuming that your character is a Krogan like from Mass Effect?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.