More Lifepath Options

Home Forums General Discussion Homebrew Creations More Lifepath Options

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Mephit James 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Mark Compton
    Lieutenant

Has anyone ever thought of creating more Lifepath options?

for example, in EArly Life, there is nothing for BAjorian’s who were raised during the Occupation.

There is nothing to represent a person who was nomadic and yet not a starfleet brat.

I can think of perhaps a few other options, those are the two that spring to mind

Nicholas Dreyer
    Lieutenant

When you say Nomadic, do you mean living aboard a Starship of some sort, not a federation ship, or do you just mean no fixed abode?

Mark Compton
    Lieutenant

Yeah, like for example the EL-Aurian’s as they travel from the destruction of their homeworld.

Mephit James
    Admiral

Short answer is “yes.”

Longer answer is that I haven’t been able to find things that are too compellingly different. You can’t come up with every backstory so I don’t know where to start looking for holes. Maybe we can start collaborating on this thread?

Maybe a systematic way is to look for holes in the Discipline bonuses? Right now there are three Environments that give bonuses to Command, Security, and Science and two that give bonuses to Conn, Engineer, and Medicine. It seems like a nomadic life on traveling starships could fit that second category so that works! Likewise, there are four Upbringings that give bonuses to Command, Conn, Engineering, and Science while there are only two that give bonuses to Security and Medicine. I think Conn could also get some love so maybe an Upbringing of Mercenaries or Criminals that could give bonuses to Security, Medicine, and Conn?

As for specific niches like the Bajoran Occupation, I think those are best handled in species-specific sourcebooks. There are certainly more character creation options that could happen with Bajorans as well as Klingons, Romulans, Vulcans, Trill, Ferengi, Cardassians, etc.

Kyle Corral
    Lieutenant

Would it be possible to create life path options around characters who were raised in different factions/universes and later converted to starfleet? Our would it be better to just try and reskin the starfleet career path?

Mephit James
    Admiral

I think the best option there is to reskin the Starfleet career paths but you could change the name and shift things around a bit. I have plans for new upbringings and environments for other factions, but they don’t need as much work. The Career Events table is where I’ve introduced the most changes.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.