Thinking about running a play by play here…

Home Forums Online Gaming Game Recruitment Thinking about running a play by play here…

This topic contains 93 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  LtCmdr Xanni Dutrax 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 94 total)
  • Author

Kudos Das
    Lieutenant

Hey Dutrax, just a general question. Are we expecting to pick up a First Officer at this rendezvous, or have we determined that CMO Razix is indeed supposed to be the XO (acting or otherwise) as well? Along those lines, is cartographer Razix staying aboard or is he transferring during the resupply?

Ideally, are we waiting for another PC to take on the role of First Officer, or do you have an NPC in mind to fill the role for the time being?

I have one in mind if I have to, but I do plan to reassign the cartographer due to your new assignment and I will leave it up to the CMO’s player to decide… (at the time of my writing this I had not passed it on yet.) Azrael hasn’t been online in about 5 days so as far as I know we don’t have a main character majority yet. If any players want to create an XO feel free to do so. I will have opportunities to bring more crew in on the next meet up.

Kudos Das
    Lieutenant

I think we can leave the XO for the time being if you’d like to see if we can get one or two more folks onboard. I was just curious more so from a story perspective if Kohvarr was expecting a new XO to show up. I don’t believe that we’ve seen a CMO also serve as an XO thus far in the canonized Star Trek, but that certainly doesn’t mean we can’t have it happen, or that the Prelude isn’t a special case given the size of its crew, and the fact that it’s about to be decommissioned.

From the look of things we may have lost our security and cmo. Azrael was online today, but didnt leave anything for us to use in game. A security report could benefit the captains, but I dont know if he wants to continue or if he’s just too busy. Janfe already let me know he was slammed with life. I would love more players simply because it means more players, but I doubt we will get any more. I hope azrael comes back. He’s good at this and we really need his input. I’m hoping to use security more … which also means more CMO…

I’ll play everything by ear and we will see what happens.

Kudos Das
    Lieutenant

Have you tried messaging Azrael directly? I agree that it seems like there’s been more for myself and Brick to do in the last few scenes, but I also think that’s in part because we’re also posting from our character’s perspectives even if ultimately it’s just for flavor. I certainly enjoyed how Azreal started off the game with McGregor, and all of his posts thus far have been great. Perhaps we just need to let him know that we are anticipating his characters taking more of a spotlight moving forward, and if he has any ideas for his characters that he may want to explore as subplots. As well, if life’s getting in the way, we can certainly slow things down a bit until other pressures ease off. It’s been great that most of us have been able to get a post up every day or two, but I also certainly don’t want to lose a great player due to some over exuberant postings on our parts.

As for when we reach the station (assuming that we do), I’m thinking that Kohvarr will stay aboard the Prelude this time given what happened the last time we tried to explore it, especially given that we don’t currently have a designated XO. This should free up a bit more space for other characters on the station to take more of the lead.

Anyways, just a few of my thoughts. Azreal, if you’re out there lurking we miss you bud!

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by  Kudos Das.

Kudos Das
    Lieutenant

Hi gang,

Working on a side project putting together a species write up for the Streethians from Geek and Sundry’s Shield of Tomorrow campaign. Found this image on DeviantArt just today and figured it was too cool not to re-post here. Since we don’t currently have any low ranking NPC in the Science Division, thinking the Prelude could use a Streethian ensign in that role. If so let me know and I’ll write it up. All credits to O2PC for doing up this amazing image.

Streethian Science Lieutenant

Write him up, but save him for the next meet up.

Brick Andreasen
    Lieutenant

Das, I love the Streethians! I wholeheartedly want him/her/them (iirc, they’re gender fluid?) on our ship.

Kudos Das
    Lieutenant

Yeah, they’re certainly one of my favorite Shield of Tomorrow creations. As for whether or not they’re gender fluid, that’s something I seem to recall but I’d have to go back to the episode where they’re first introduced to be certain. I’ve got a few ideas around them as far as species stats and abilities go, but I haven’t quite settled on something I’m totally happy with. What I think I’ll do is set up a thread and post what I have so far and see if anyone out there has any better ideas or suggestions.

just stopping in to let you know I haven’t forgotten the game. Working 3 jobs takes a lot of time and so does family life. We all have lives outside the computer so nothing will be held against others. I am still thinking of a good wording for the reply to Caspierra’s questions, so please be patient. This game is a lot of fun when everyone participates. I don’t want to lose characters/Players. I will hopefully be able to advance the story tonight depending on family life. Enjoy the day y’all.

janpfe
    Lieutenant

I certainly understand that and no apologies are necessary. I look forward to seeing what happens next though. I’ll be travelling this weekend, but will find mybway to sneak away every now and then.

Brick Andreasen
    Lieutenant

Mad props for doing what you need to do to provide for your family, Dutrax. No judgement here. I’ve had a blast so far, and a few quiet days aren’t gonna make me leave the thread.

Kudos Das
    Lieutenant

Hey guys, forgot to mention that I was heading out of town again this weekend for a conference. I’m back now, so I should be able to post every day or two on a more regular schedule. That’s it for me being away on weekend in the near future, so lets get this next away mission started!

I’ve been watching and waiting for everyone to come back. It’s been a few days.

janpfe
    Lieutenant

Hi guys,
    My apologies, there has been a slew of events the past two weeks. But all is hammered out and <knock on wood> i should be worry free for a while. Let me catch up with recent posts and i will start up again tonight.

Agaun, my apologies for the silence. Eager to continue with the game.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 94 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.