Here’s another great resource from a fellow STA gamer. Jonathan Isaac Moore has a PowerPoint template that you can use to prep mission briefings on a television, computer screen, or other device. Here are some screenshot examples.
Here are Jonathan’s notes on how to use it:
NOTE: Because of limited font support, this template does not work very well with Google Slides. I have not tried any other slideshow software, but it may work.
Use instructions on a Windows computer (I do not have a Mac, sorry):
- Save the template (STA LCARS Briefing.potx) to the Templates folder.
- On the File tab, click New.
- Select Personal or Custom. (The name varies, depending on which version of PowerPoint you have)
- Under the tab you’ve selected, select the folder where your template is stored.
- Double-click your template.
- A new presentation opens with your template applied to it.
Customizing the template:
- There are several slides already loaded. They should be in a column on the left. If you want to remove one, single click on it and hit delete. If you want to add a new slide, in the Home Group, click New Slide and choose the one you want from the drop down.
- For the Title Slide, pick the combadge you want, delete the other and drag it to center it. You can delete the message about centering it on the slide. Fill out the rest of the information and you’re good to go.
- The image frames are custom sizes I made by hand and I couldn’t make one for every size photo possible. If they don’t work for you, just use a blank slide without a frame.
- To fill out any of the placeholders (text or images fields with a dotted line, just click on them and add the information or image). You can also insert custom fields by clicking the insert tab and adding what you want.