The Menagerie Cards series continues with new Evolution / Predation / Ethology cards. See the first post about Menagerie Cards for how to use them, and use this link to find all the cards in the series so far.
Set 7: Chiropteroid / Herbivore / Cheater Pack Hunter
- The Chiropteroid Evolution suggests a batlike morphology.
- The Herbivore Predation indicates a plant-eater. Horns and hooves are the typical defensive mechanisms, but feel free to rename them as appropriate.
- The Cheater Pack Hunter Ethology refers to animals that will go for the kill if they need to, if they encounter the prey first. But they are just as happy to eat what’s left from another predator.
Set 8: Scorpionoid / Psychic Predator / Aggressive Mimic
- The Scorpionoid Evolution suggests an arthropod with a stinger.
- The Psychic Predator Predation indicates a creature that attacks with psychic powers. I’ve given this card Tentacles as an attack, but you may adjust that mode of attack as appropriate to the Evolution card form.
- The Aggressive Mimic Ethology refers to predators that look like harmless creatures (perhaps the ones they hunt), or create an illusion of a harmless creature. An anglerfish, for instance, uses its luminous lure to trick its prey.